Thursday, September 18, 2008

We Are Home!






Here I am blogging again. I cannot believe how wonderfully happy you can be when you bring home such a precious person from the hospital. Roderick and I were so grateful to be home after feeling like we were at a hospital hotel - meaning we were at a hospital but people came and checked on us so rarely that we might as well have been at home. However, all we can really think about is the beautiful little girl we have brought into this world. And yes, we think she is the most beautiful little girl in the entire world.

Childbirth was interesting for me. Labor for about 6 hours and boy was that erpidural great. I only pushed for about 30 minutes or because from 430 until they checked me again at 730 I had gone from 4 dilated to 10 and ready to go. I am so grateful my Dr was only 15 minutes away from the hospital. She was a great Dr. I did end up breaking my tailbone during delivery which stinks now, but heck thanks to the epidural I didn't even feel it happening.

Here are some more pictures of our little girl at home. She is sleeping and eating so much better since we have her here. She loves her Tigger robe and we are having fun dressing up this little doll. We were a little worried when her weight dropped into the 6 lb range, but her Dr assured us that she would be fine and gain it back soon. We love being parents!!! Welcome to the world Emma Belle!

She had her first "bath" at home which mostly consisted of a sponge bath, but she has been sleeping so good ever since. She fell asleep and has been trying out her new bed here at home.

10 comments:

Melanie said...

April, she is so beautiful! Congratulations!

Becky said...

She really, truly is a beautiful baby. Such pretty skin and perfect little face. I love that she has so much hair! My babies are still bald! You look great too. Way to go with everything. That really stinks that you broke your tailbone. I have no idea what that's like but I'm sure it only adds to the pain and discomfort. Yikes. Good luck with everything. You two made a beautiful little girl! And I love her name, good choice.

Becky said...

sorry, this is Becky (Thorne) Tolman by the way...hi.

Jennie said...

Oh you guys, we are so excited for you! She is ADORABLE!!! I can see a lot of Roderick in her. I'm so glad you're all happy and home! Sucks about your talebone, but at least everything else went smoothly! Congrats again and hopefully we can see her soon!

misha~sha-sha said...

I'm glad you made it home and that everyone is doing well. Getting any sleep? Sorry to hear about the tailbone. Ouch!

Kylee said...

Emma is adorable! She looks so cute sleeping with mommy! We hope you both are sleeping a bit and that things are going well! Let us know if we can do something!

Anonymous said...

I love all that dark hair! She is so beautiful! The first bath is always a little stressful. ok, the first couple months are a little stressful. but once you get used to it, you can never imagine life without her. :0)

Jeni said...

april and Rod. LOVE LOVE LOVE her. She is sooo precious! I am so excited for you guys! Congrats. How are the nights? how are you feeling?!

Chet said...

I keep checking to see if you have posted again, so I have to leave another post. I hope you guys are dong well, she is so so beautiful, no better word...BEAUTIFUL!

JMB said...

Congrats! Just wanted to say thanks for that 2:30 AM text Emma was here! Can't wait to meet her, she's gorgeous. Hope you all are well.

Luv ya,
*J

Here We Are

Here We Are
My first blog experience

Halloween in AZ

This is the first picture I could find of us. Really it is Christmas now. Rod and I had fun planning this Halloween party. I even thought it would be a good time to make costumes ( I will think more about that next time).

Europe up till now

We spent a month this summer in Europe and it was so fun!! Then we packed up and moved from Bullhead City to Tempe, AZ. Roderick is enjoying his time finishing his Economics degree at ASU ( although finals stink). I am being a dental hygienist in Scottsdale, which is very fun! I love the people I work with and it keeps me busy. We are getting ready to head up to Utah next week for our Christmas break and can't wait. This blogging stuff is fun!

Italy Rocks

Italy Rocks
mopeds are the coolest

Our Summer Trip

Our Summer Trip
Europe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!