Now that I have read Mara's blog, I can't pretend I didn't get tagged, alright I could, but I won't and I will try to come up with random facts about myself. Six shouldn't be too hard.
1. I like to exercise, but I don't really love to exercise like people may think. This took me awhile to figure out about myself. I think this probably has something to do with my desire to be thin, which I think I share with many people, and my competitive nature. I mean I have done a lot, taught aerobics, done triathlons, and played many sports. However, if I don't have a purpose behind my exercise I would be perfectly happy sitting on the couch if it didn't make me feel like a lump.
2. I tend to be neurotic. I want my house to be clean all the time, I got straight A's because I felt I had to, I like things to be organized, I clean teeth ( I mean who can sit and pick things all day long and not be considered neurotic) and I think everything I do has to be the best or pefect. Now my husband has been trying to get me to realize this about myself for the last couple years and all he has accomplished is that I may not run around cleaning all the time and I may relax more, but deep down things still bug me:)
3. I love to read. In fact if I could sit and get wrapped up in books all day long I would. It is one of my favorite things to do. I love all varieties, except those Harlequin novels those I can pass on, but I love good books. My latest series is the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. This has a funny story. Last fall my little brother Jordan asked if I would help him with his book report and the book he was reading was Twilight. I had never heard of it. So I started skimming through it and much to his dismay wanted to read it. He said, "Oh no, not you. All the girls in high school love this book." When he left for the weekend, I went out and bought it to read and just finished the three book series for the third time. The new one comes out in August and the movie comes out in December. Who knew a love story involving could be so intriguing.
4. I love trying new things. If I had all the time in the world I would be accomplished at all crafts, sports, and pretty much anything you can think of. This is what fuels my love for learning. The problem is that I learn things until I am pretty okay at them, and then I am distacted and ready to learn a new thing. This is my ADD coming out.
5. I love the sun! Any type of sun really. Being from AZ, I even like the heat. Something about laying out by a pool, or feeling the heat after being in A/C all day long is so comforting.I love the sun in Hawaii, Florida, Utah, pretty much anywhere andany season.
6. I could eat some type of Mexican food everyday. Whether it is Cafe Rio type fresh food, or good old AZ mexican food I would be satisfied. In fact one ofmy favorite snacks is chips and salsa. However, much to my mom's dismay I don't like really hot mexican food. Now my mom and even some of my siblings can put fire in their mouth andbe happy, but I was the one who was always teased about the mild salsa I consumed. I like the flavors, but not too much spice.
Okay,these seemed pretty random. I hope everyone else takes everyone's tag as seriously. So I then tag Amber, Katie, Mikelle, Jeni, Ciara and Jenny. I want to hear 6 random things about you.
PS. When I read everyone else's blog, I feel like the blog newbie. I still can't figure out cool backgrounds or even how to add music to this thing.
Halloween in AZ
This is the first picture I could find of us. Really it is Christmas now. Rod and I had fun planning this Halloween party. I even thought it would be a good time to make costumes ( I will think more about that next time).
Europe up till now
We spent a month this summer in Europe and it was so fun!! Then we packed up and moved from Bullhead City to Tempe, AZ. Roderick is enjoying his time finishing his Economics degree at ASU ( although finals stink). I am being a dental hygienist in Scottsdale, which is very fun! I love the people I work with and it keeps me busy. We are getting ready to head up to Utah next week for our Christmas break and can't wait. This blogging stuff is fun!